CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A new President in town...


Big news is happening in Eastern North Carolina!! There is a Kappa Kappa Gamma Alumni group starting up and I am so excited!!! When I moved to Greenville, NC I was unsure of making friends and meeting people and I wanted to get involved with some sort of group similar to Junior Women's Club/ Junior League/ or KKG Alumni group. Well there are not any of these particular groups in Greenville so I had to start thinking of different ways to become involved. 

After almost a year of living in Greenville I received an invitation to a meeting to discuss the building of an alumni group of Kappa Kappa Gamma. I was thrilled and called to RSVP immediately hoping not to look desperate :). I found out there are more than 100 Kappas in Eastern North Carolina but no group at all and I discussed leadership roles within the group if necessary. On October 25th I met with 5 other women to discuss this topic and left with a brand new title... President of the Eastern North Carolina Kappa Kappa Gamma Alumni group!!!! :) I said I wanted to be involved and wanted to meet people in this area, I guess this is the best way to do that. 

In the picture: Christine, Sandy, Alberta (Treasurer), Me (President), Taylor (Secretary), and Sandy. The first members of the ENC KKG Alumni group. 

2 comments:

Beth

Congratulations Madam President! Ha!

Lindsey

i just found your blog!! yeah!! so glad you've started one! happy new year! i think that is so cool that you are getting involved in that way with kappa in your community!! that is so wonderful! you have always been such a great volunteer and a very dependable, generous person.