CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Susie Homemaker...

Lately I have been in the mood to decorate, sew, cook, etc. I don't know what happened but it seems tht I have been blessed by the creative fairy and hopefully I will be able to use these new ideas to make wonderful things for myself and others.

I just found this idea of making a burlap wreath from a blog I follow, The Nester, and she got this idea from here. I can't wait to hit Hancock fabrics for some burlap later today. I really enjoy the look of burlap, very rustic and can be elegant at the same time. I even wanted to use burlap for the tablecloths at my wedding but was vetoed right away by my mother. Oh well I have found a new way of using this great material.

The instructions seem pretty easy and you don't need to many ingredients ( I know that's a cook term but I can't seem to use another word, strips of burlap and a wire hanger and a ribbon to finish it off. I hope you take a chance and make one of these for your home or if I get really good at them I can make you one. :) Click on the links above to get the full instructions.

Let's get crafting!!!

2 comments:

The Masons

Katie, this wreath is so cute! I can't wait to hear how yours turns out. I may head to JoAnn's today to get my own :) I laughed out loud when you said you burlap was vetoed for your wedding :)

Beth

So glad you're back to blogging you little crafter! I made a burlap wreath over Christmas and really love the way it turned out, but I think this one may be cuter. :) My baby, for one, is excited by your craftiness and can't wait to see what duds her Aunt Katy makes her! LOVE YOU, MOVE BACK TO FW! :)